Effective Date: 01/09/2019
1. Information Collection
You generally are not required to provide information about yourself when you visit the Services. However, we may ask you for some or all of the following types of information when you register with our Services, sign up for contests or sweepstakes, use a send-to-a-friend feature, participate in surveys, access various content or features, submit comments or content, or directly contact us with questions or feedback:
- Contact information, such as name, e-mail address, postal address, and telephone number;
- Unique identifiers, such as a user name or password;
- Demographic information, such as gender;
- Financial information, such as credit card or other payment information;
- Geolocation information;
- Communications preferences;
- Search queries;
- Comments and other information posted in our interactive online forums;
- Correspondence and other information that you send to us; and
- Additional information as otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
We also may collect certain information automatically when you visit the Services, including:
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address, which is the number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet and that can sometimes be used to derive your general geographic area;
- Other unique identifiers, including mobile device identification numbers;
- Your browser type and operating system;
- Sites you visited before and after visiting the Services;
- Pages you view and links you click on within the Services;
- Information collected through cookies, web beacons, local shared objects, and other technologies;
- Information about your interactions with e-mail messages, such as the links clicked on and whether the messages were received, opened, or forwarded; and
- Standard Server Log Information.
2. Use of Information
We may use information that we collect through the Services for a variety of purposes, including to:
- Provide you with the products, promotions, services, newsletters, and information you request and respond to correspondence that we receive from you;
- Contact you via email and otherwise about your account, products, services, contests, and events that we think might be of interest to you;
- Send you promotional material or special offers on our behalf or on behalf of our marketing partners and/or their respective affiliates and subsidiaries and other third parties.
- Maintain or administer the Services, perform business analyses, or for other internal purposes to improve the quality of our business, the Services, and other products and services we offer;
- Publish stories, comments, photos, and other information posted in our interactive online features;
- Customize and personalize your use of the Services;
- We send you push notifications from time-to-time in order to update you about any news, events or promotions that we may be running; and
- As otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
3. Sharing of Information
We are committed to maintaining your trust, and we want you to understand when and with whom we may share the information we collect.
- Service Providers: We may share your information with service providers that perform certain functions or services on our behalf (such as to host the Services, fulfill orders, provide products and services, manage databases; perform analyses, process credit card payments, provide customer service, or send communications for us).
- Select Business Partners: With your permission, we may share your information with select business partners so that they can provide you with special offers, promotional materials, and other materials that may be of interest to you. For example, you may be presented with an opportunity to have certain information shared with our third party business partners when you enter a contest or sweepstakes or elect to receive marketing offers or other information. If you do not elect to have your information shared, it will not be shared with such third parties. We take measures to help ensure that our partners protect the confidentiality, integrity, and security of any information we share with them. However, we are not responsible for the privacy practices of our business partners, which may use your information for their own purposes.
- Business Transfer: If we sell all or part of our business, or make a sale or transfer of assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger or business transfer, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy, a business reorganization, or similar event, we may transfer your information as part of such transaction.
- Interactive Features: We may share information with third parties when you post information to a user profile or a public area of the Services, such as a chat room, forum, blog, or other community tool. If you post to these interactive features, it will be publicly available and you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties. We cannot ensure that parties who have access to such information will respect your privacy. Please exercise caution when using these features. . To request removal of your personal information from our community forum, contact us at the contact information below. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
- Geolocation Information: We may share your geolocation information with service providers that perform certain functions or services on our behalf. These companies are authorized to use precise geolocation information only as necessary to providethese services to us. We also may share your geolocation information with third parties so that they may provide you with geographically relevant advertising. If you wish to stop the further collection of your geolocation information, please opt-out using your device settings.
- Other Parties With Your Express or Implied Consent: We may share information with third parties when you consent to such sharing. For example, if you win a contest or sweepstakes, we may ask your permission to publicly post certain information on the Services identifying you as the winner.
- Aggregate Information: We may share aggregate information, such as demographic and usage statistics, with advertisers, sponsors or other organizations.
In addition, we may allow third parties to place and read their own cookies, web beacons, Local Shared Objects, and similar technologies to collect information through the Services. For example, our third-party service providers may use these technologies to collect information that helps us with traffic measurement, research, and analytics.
4. Social Networking Services
We have worked with certain third-party social media providers to
offer you their social networking services through our Services. For
example, you can use third-party social networking services, including
but not limited to Facebook, Google+, and others to share information
about your experience on our Services with your friends and followers on
those social networking services. These social networking services may
be able to collect information about you, including your activity on
our Services. These third-party social networking services also may
notify your friends, both on our Services and on the social networking
services themselves, that you are a user of our Services or about your
use of our Services, in accordance with applicable law and their own
privacy policies. If you choose to access or make use of third-party
social networking services, we may receive information about you that
you have made available to those social networking services, including
information about your contacts on those social networking services.
You also may be able to link an account from a social networking
service (e.g., Facebook, Google+, Yahoo!) to an account through our
Services. This may allow you to use your credentials from the other
site or service to sign in to certain features on our Services. If you
link your account from a third-party site or service, we may collect
information from those third-party accounts, and any information that we
5. Cookies, Similar Technologies, and Advertising
- The Services may use Local Storage Objects (LSOs) to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 LSOs. To manage Flash LSOs please click here: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html
- We use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our Services. This software may record information such as how often you use an application, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data, and where an application was downloaded from.
6. Links To Other Web Sites
We have adopted security procedures to help protect against loss,
misuse, and unauthorized access to the information you provide to us.
For example, if we collect financial information, we will use encryption
software to help protect this information when it is in transit. Please
note, however, that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed
to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your
information and privacy, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of
any information you disclose or transmit to the Services and cannot be
responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of
8. Children’s Privacy
The Services do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose personal
information from children under the age of 13. If we are made aware we
have collected personal information from a child under 13 years old in a
manner that is inconsistent with the Children’s Online Privacy
Protection Act (“COPPA”), we will delete this information as soon as
constitute your acceptance of the new terms. If we make any material
changes we will notify you by email (sent to the e-mail address
specified in your account) or by means of a notice on the Services prior
to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically
review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
You may choose to receive promotional emails, newsletters, and
similar communications from us. You may opt out of receiving commercial
emails from us by clicking on the opt-out or “unsubscribe” link
included in the commercial e-mails you receive. Please note that
opt-out requests may take some time to be effective. Your opt-out
request will not apply to messages that you request or that are not
commercial in nature. For example, we may contact you concerning any
purchases you have made with us, even if you opt out of receiving
unsolicited commercial email messages.
You may opt-out of location based services at any time by editing the setting at the device level.
If you no longer wish to receive Push notifications, you may turn
them off at the device level. To ensure you receive proper
notifications, we will need to collect certain information about your
device such as operating system and user identification information.
If your information changes, or if you no longer desire to use the
Services, you may request that we [update or remove] certain information
by signing into your account and making the required changes, by using
the Contact Us link on any page of the forum board. We will try to
respond to your request within 30 days.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active
or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your
information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve
disputes, and enforce our agreements.
11. Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In some cases, third parties may be able to collect information about
a user’s online activities over time and across different websites when
he or she uses our Services.
Some web browsers may transmit “do-not-track” signals to the websites
with which the user communicates. Because of differences in how web
browsers incorporate and activate this feature, it is not always clear
whether users intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether
they even are aware of them. Because there currently is no industry
standard concerning what, if anything, websites should do when they
receive such signals, we currently do not take action in response to
these signals. If and when a final standard is established and
accepted, we will reassess how to respond to these signals.
12. International Users
Please note that the Services are directed towards users who reside
in the United States. By using the Services, you consent to the
collection, storage, processing, and transfer of your information in and
to the United States, or other countries and territories, pursuant to
the laws of the United States. While some of these countries may not
offer the same level of privacy protection as your own, we commit to
uphold the privacy protections as explained in this Policy.
13. Contact Us